About the Nurse
Degrees and Certifications:
My Role As A School Nurse
1. Plan and implement the state mandated school health program.
2. Participate in the formulation of objectives, standards, and policies for school health.
3. Provide health counseling and guidance to pupils, parents, and school personnel.
4. Work effectively with community health professionals and agencies.
5. Contribute to the total health education program of the school and community.
6. Maintain a continuing inventory of necessary health and safety equipment.
7. Assume responsibility for the care of injured and ill students in the school setting.
8. Keep abreast of current trends in both nursing and education.
9. Serve as a faculty member in the total school program.
School Medication Prescriber/Parent Authorization
Alabama Dept. of Heath Memo Re: Urging Immunizations