What is ACAP?
The Alabama Comprehensive Assessment Program (ACAP) assessment will be administered to grades 2-8 in the spring. We have been providing instruction and opportunities in the classroom to familiarize students with the ACAP format and online tools.
- The assessment will be administered 100% online, with the exception of a documented need for paper assessments.
- Students will be assessed in math and English/language.
- Science will be assessed in grades 4, 6, and 8.
- The English/language arts assessment will include a writing component for students in grades 4-8.
- All test items are aligned to the Alabama Course of Study.
- The Grade 2 assessment will be used as a baseline for the third grade growth, not to measure achievement for accountability purposes.
When you click on the link above, it will take you to online tools and test questions for grades 2-8. You will click on the grade level and choose ELA, Math, or Science (if available). It will take you to a DRC Insight page that gives you the username and password to access the examples. Please work your way through these examples.