Assignments for March 16-20th and March 30- April 3rd are described in the Beyond the Classroom Instructions link below. This work is considered enrichment work.
Originally, we were going to just turn our work in when we returned to school. Because we are not returning to school you will be turning enrichment work in one of three ways:
1. Digitally- through Teams ( this is the preferred method)
2. Digitally- emailed to your teacher directly (this should only be used if Teams does not work- or is not accessible- please do not email work until after trying to turn in the work in Teams first)
3. Physically- placing the completed work in collection box outside the middle school. (The new packet of assignments will be available Tuesday, April 7th- so you could wait until then.)
First Day of Apex Learning- Monday, April 6th-for the remainder of the year students will complete work using Apex (instead of in Teams)
Students who have internet access will be using Apex to complete their science work along with math and other subjects. This is a great site that is very easy to use and students will learn the same material that they would’ve learned in class. To avoid more emails than needed, the math department has emailed everyone their login information. Please check your emails that you have received from your math teacher to get your login information, I can help you if you need but it is important for you to access Apex for your math class first. You will use the same login information to access your science class.
The website for Apex:
Here are some benefits of Apex:
- Go at your own pace
- You can take the remaining 7 weeks of school to complete your assignments OR you can finish in a couple weeks. I do NOT suggest rushing through everything though.
- Multiple attempts at quizzes and tests
- Can be completed on ANY smart device
- No app, but can pull up
- Text to speech feature
Students without internet access or devices will be completing packets to learn the same material that they would’ve learned in class. These packets can be picked up from the school. The first packet can be picked up Tuesday, April 7th. If a student originally said they wanted a packet but would like to switch to Apex, they can do so at any time!
by McGraw Hill Year Published:
To access the 7th grade online textbook:
*click the textbook link on this webpage
*username is first initial last name 2020 (no spaces or dots)
*password is smstigers2020
Click on the picture of our science book.
The ebook icon is green on the right side of the page. Click this to access the online textbook.
If you are looking for chapter resources, click on the dark blue tab titled Coursewide Resources then locate your chapter and explore the resources available.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Peggy Russo
7th Grade Science Teacher
Married to David Russo
Three children- David, Robin, & Luke
Taught science since 1996
Was a chemist before becoming a teacher
Enjoy spending time with family and trips to Gatlinburg