About MES EdSTREAM
MES EdSTREAM Registration Is FULL!
We Had A Wonderful Response To Registration. At This
Time, We Are Full. To Be Added To The Waiting List,
Please Email A Completed Form
Registration Form: CLICK HERE
We had record enrollment this year.
EdSTREAM-ly Important News
MES EdSTREAM Dates to Remember
Registration Form: CLICK HERE
- April 6th - Summer Camp registration - Since EdSTREAM members get to rollover their EdSTREAM membership to summer, we only have a handful of spots in certain grades available at this time. If we have any spots by April 6th, I will fill those spots with anyone who registers on April 6th. You can use the form from the link above. You can email it to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send it in that day. It is first come first serve. No forms will be accepted early. You will be notified if you get a spot. To be added to the waiting list, please email a completed MES EdSTREAM form from the link above on April 6th.
- April 7th is the due date for the deposit for summer camp.
- April 7th will be Easter Camp. We will be having a BIG Easter egg hunt. There will be a sign up for this camp. The sign up will be at the front desk very soon.
- April 14th is the due date for the final payment for the trip to Disney.
- ***I will schedule two or three meetings to discuss information concerning our Disney trip. These dates will be announced soon.***
- ***I will have a meeting closer to time concerning summer camp.***
- May 1st-12th - Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year for Current EdSTREAM Members - All current EdSTREAM members get to preregister for the 2023-2024 school year. If you have a kindergartner coming up, they are guaranteed a spot as well. By registering for EdSTREAM, you are given first choice for all camps throughout the school year and summer camp.
- The Lion King Summer Camp is June 5th-July 28th. We will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th.
- June 19th and 26th from 4:00-6:00 - Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year for New EdSTREAM Members - Since current EdSTREAM members get to rollover their spot and their siblings coming into kindergarten are guaranteed a spot, we will only have a few spots to offer for the upcoming school year. Everyone registering will be placed on a temporary waiting list. I will fill each grade according to space, then everyone else will be placed on a waiting list. It is first come first serve. No forms will be accepted early. You will be notified if you get a spot in the program.
***Morning Care Drop Off Information - Drop off for morning care can begin at 6:30 AM. You must be dropped off by 7:00. If you are later than that, you will need to contact Mr. Tuggle. The program is located in the MES EdSTREAM Gym. You will enter the campus from the middle driveway. Drive around the parking lot to the awning. Follow the sidewalk to the door.
***Afternoon Care Pick Up Information - The program is located in the MES EdSTREAM Gym. You will enter the campus from the middle driveway. Drive around the parking lot to the awning. Follow the sidewalk to the door. You will need your car tag OR a driver’s license to pick up.
Moody Elementary School offers MES EdSTREAM as a supplemental service that provides Morning Care, Afternoon Care and Camps. Only current Moody Elementary School students are eligible for participation in MES EdSTREAM morning care, afternoon care and/or camps. Transfer requests will not be considered. This program is optional. It is not a requirement. The program is a high quality enrichment experience, providing opportunities for growth and development of children in grades K-3rd with activities such as stations and workshops (examples of stations and workshops includes: organized games, physical activities, robotics, art, computer lab, etc.). The purpose of these stations and workshops is to foster creativity, build curiosity and encourage learning.
Hours of Operation and Site
Morning Care: 6:30 A.M. until 7:30 A.M. Afternoon Care: School Dismissal until 6:00 P.M.
The program begins the first day of school in August and ends on the last school day in May. We do provide mini camps during certain holidays. When the school is closed for inclement weather, our program will be closed. When this happens, look for updates on the MES website, MES Facebook page and MES EdSTREAM Facebook page. We will be offering a summer camp in June and July. The children enrolled in MES EdSTREAM (Morning Care and Afternoon Care) are given priority.
The program is located in the MES EdSTREAM Gym. Where you see the three driveways, you will enter the campus with the middle driveway. Drive around the parking lot to where the awning begins. Follow that sidewalk to the double doors. You will need your car tag OR a driver’s license to pick up.
Rates and Payment Procedures
Registration Fee: $25.00 per child (This is a non-refundable, one time payment for Morning Care or Afternoon Care. If your child attends both, only one registration fee is needed.)
Morning Care Weekly Fee: $20.00 per child (We do not offer daily rates or prorated rates. We do not allow daily drop ins.)
Afternoon Care Weekly Fee: $65.00 per child (We do not offer daily rates or prorated rates. We do not allow daily drop ins.)
All payments are due on Mondays. Checks should be made payable to MES. Please include your phone number on each check. Payments must be given to the site director. Past due accounts will require an additional $5.00 late fee per week per child. Parents will be contacted if a check is returned from the bank. Returned checks will be sent to Envision for collection. All correspondence will be handled by Envision. There is a $30.00 service charge for all returned checks. All future payments will result in cash, money order or cashier’s check ONLY. If an account becomes more than two weeks late, the child will not be allowed to stay in the program. A child can be removed if late payments continue to occur.
Late Pick Up Fee: We charge $1.00 per minute after 6:00 P.M.
Our program is funded 100% by the weekly fees. We DO NOT receive any state or federal funding.
Our staff will implement our discipline policy fairly, consistently and in a developmentally appropriate manner. Student safety is a major consideration. Our staff will not use any form of corporal punishment.
The following procedures will be used for refocusing and redirecting a child’s behavior.
1. If a student has inappropriate behavior, a member of the staff will meet with him/her. A clear explanation will be given of what is expected.
2. If behavior does not change, the student will be placed in “time out” for a period of time.
3. If the student fails to respond, he/she will be written up. This will require a parent conference with the site director. The student will be dismissed from the program if written up three times.
Students Are Expected To:
1. Follow the MES EdSTREAM rules. You will receive a copy.
2. Follow the MES handbook.
3. Follow the St. Clair County Board of Education Code of Conduct.
4. Remain with the staff in designated MES EdSTREAM areas.
5. Show respect for others, staff and equipment.
Parents Are Expected To:
1. Direct all concerns to the site director.
2. Make all payments on time to the site director.
3. Pick up your child if notified of illness or disciplinary issues.
4. Present car tag or driver’s license to sign out your child each day.
5. Pick up your child by 6:00 P.M. each day.
Our program reserves the right to remove any child for inappropriate behavior.
The program will maintain a 15:1 student/staff ratio.
We also offer a Summer Camp for June and July. This year's theme is Lion King. Our summertime cares will be Hakuna Matata. We take weekly trips such as Splash Adventure, movies, Lake Winnie, etc. We are open from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM. This is a camp experience. It is very fast paced with lots of outside activities. We get hot and we sweat, but it's a lot of fun. This program is optional. The current cost is a $200 registration fee per child and a $125 weekly fee per child. The $200 registration fee covers the costs of ALL the field trips. The program is 8 weeks long. The commitment is for the entire program. We do not do drop in campers or partial campers. If you sign up, you are required to pay the entire amount even if you decide to drop out early. We provide breakfast, lunch and a snack daily.
The director of these programs is Jason Tuggle. He has been a teacher at MES for 22 years.
For more information on MES EdSTREAM, feel free to contact Jason Tuggle via email or at (205) 305-9204 or (205) 527-0742.