Degrees and Certifications:
BA Business Management - University of Mississippi MA - Collaborative Education - University of Alabama Birmingham
Algebra 1 and Algebraic Connections Course Work for the Remainder of the Year
- All work will be completed through APEX for the remainder of the year, Website: www.apexvs.com
o Username: lastname.4 digits (regular school login)
o Password: If you do not know your password, please contact Mrs. Russell if last name starts with A-M (firstname.lastname@example.org) Mr. Scott if last name starts with N-Z (email@example.com)
- Each week, you will have assignments in APEX to be completed. This will involve reading carefully through lessons and completing quizzes. An Algebra 1 unit should take an estimated time of 4 to 7 days, and an Algebraic Connections unit should take about a week to complete. Due to the learning pace of each individual student, I have not assigned specific due dates.
- Both classes are reuired to complete to the units listed below. As you work through units, you will notice several assignments have been locked. Those assignments have been locked by me and are NOT required to successfully complete the unit.
Algebra 1 (4 Units) - Units 1, 9, 10, and 14
Algebraic Connections (6 Units) - Units 1, 5, 7 9, 10, and 11
- You will have 3 chances to re-take a quiz ONLY if you obtain a score less than 60 on a quiz. If you receive a grade of 60 or higher the first time, you will not be able to re-take the quiz. PLEASE be mindful of this.
- Units will be unlocked by me based on the individual progress of each student.
- Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime you have a question. I will be more than happy to help you. Each week, I will be available to meet virtually with each class. This will give you an opportunity to ask any questions that you have. These meetings will be conducted through Skype. You will receive an email for an invitation to the meetings. This is the schedule for virtual meetings:
1st period 9-9:45, 3rd period 10-10:45, 5th period 11-11:45, and 7th 12-12:45
2nd period 9-9:45, 4th period 10-10:45, and 6th period 11-11:45
**These meetings will begin Monday, 4/13/20,
This is definitely not how any of us envisioned the school year of 2019-2020 to end. It will be a year that we will never forget. I want you to all know that I am here if you have any questions or any concerns. Please stay safe and we will get through this time together!
My wife Caren and I have been married for over twenty years. In 2006 we moved to St. Clair County. We currently live on a farm in Springville, where we enjoy a menagery of farm animals, especially our horses and goats. When I am not teaching or working on the farm, I enjoy fishing, music, traveling, and Ole Miss athletics. We are active members of OneEighty Church in Springville.
I come from a family of educators. I have 14 years teaching experience, and I'm very excited to be part of the Moody family. Prior to teaching I worked in sales and proudly served as an officer in the United States Army.