Work-Based Learning (Cooperative Education)
The purpose of work-based learning is to provide work-based experiences in licensed enterprises. This work-based experience will be supervised by a work-place mentor/supervisor and the Work-Based Learning Coordinator.
Requirements to apply:
- Must be in 12th grade
- On track for graduation (all credits up to date and counselor approved)
- Complete application packet (applications can be found with counselor)
- Must hold/maintain a valid driver's license and transportation (prefer to have your own automobile- cannot depend on other people for your transportation)
- Must have completed one Career Tech Course
- Maintain acceptable attendance, grade, and discipline records
- Obtain acceptable employment by the beginning of the school year
- Submit monthly wage and hour reports to Work-Based Learning Coordinator by first Friday of every month
- Maintain continous employment during the entire school year. If employment is lost, you will be removed from the program and place in available courses.
- Complete 140 total work hours (August through May) for each class period that you are not at school. (i.e. missing two periods a day requires 280 total work hours, missing three periods a day requires 420 total work hours)
- Receive acceptable evaluations from the employer and the Coordinator