- Take Exit 166 Ashville/Oneonta.
- Turn left (southbound) or right (northbound) onto Highway 231 until you reach downtown Ashville.
- Take a right at the Shell Station, then an immediate left around the courthouse.
- At the red light, turn right.
- The school is located on the right approximately two miles outside of town.
- Take the Pell City exit and travel North on Hwy 231.
- Travel approximately 18 miles north.
- The school will be located on the left one half mile past the Alfa Insurance building.
About the School
The purpose of Ashville High School is to provide learning opportunities for the development of each student to his/her fullest potential. This philosophy is best expressed by promoting academic achievement and positive self-concepts. Students are encouraged to develop and utilize their talents and abilities in an effort to promote their physical and social well being. Students should develop an appreciation of the learning process and become life long learners. Ashville High School strives to ensure all students are college or career ready upon completion of their diploma.
- Provide a variety of academic and career/technical activities.
- Encourage students, teachers, and administrators to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Emphasize effective oral and written communication.
- Teach the student to accept responsibility for his/her actions.
- Discover the importance of cooperation.
- Develop an appreciation of the democratic ideal and the realization of one's responsibility to it.
- Develop a close relationship between school, home, and community through active participation in inter-related activities.
- Offer essential guidance for our students in the areas of personal, educational, and career opportunities.
Ashville High School is a small 4A school located in rural St. Clair County, Alabama. We presently have a student population of approximately 445 students in grades 9-12. Our students feed into ninth grade from Ashville Middle School, which is located on our campus, and Steele Jr. High School, which is located in a neighboring community about fifteen minutes from our location. Our student body is made up of approximately 80% Caucasians, 10% African-Americans, 8% Hispanics, and less than 2% other. There are about 65% of this population that receive free or reduced lunches based on their socioeconomic status.
Ashville High School employees 22 full time teachers (19 regular education and 3 special education), 1 counselor, and a librarian. Ninety-five percent of our teaching staff meet or exceed the state and federal definition of highly qualified.