Welcome to MMS
Moody Middle School is dedicated to providing an environment in which each individual can become the best he or she can be. In order to achieve these goals, students, faculty, and parents should support a positive, purposeful and orderly climate. We believe that all students should be provided with the opportunity to learn and individual differences should be accepted and provided for. The emotional, academic, and physical needs of the school community are highly valued. Teaching and learning are our first priorities at Moody Middle. Working together the staff, students and parents of Moody Middle strive to meet these expectations.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to educate and prepare each student to succeed in an ever-changing world.
Motto, Vision, and Beliefs
Motto: Every Student Prepared
Vision: To provide opportunities and challenges that will prepare each student for college/career/adulthood in the 21st Century.
Beliefs: Effective teachers and leaders are the key to student achievement.
- Teaching to the standard coupled with high quality professional learning will result in a clear direction and expected outcomes.
- Regular progress monitoring through formative and benchmark assessments that are clearly aligned with high standards will lead to adjusted and differentiated instruction which will lead to student growth.
- Alignment of human, programmatic, and fiscal resources that support the implementation of the approved curriculum will lead to student achievement.
- Student focus with multiple pathways to learning will enhance instruction and engage learners.
- When students are provided with a learning environment that is socially, emotionally, and physically supportive... the students' confidence, engagement and achievement will rise.
- Through the use of technology, the students' will gain 21st century skills and make a reconnection with the world around them.
- Parent engagement with knowledge of their child's performance will reinforce strengths and help address weaknesses.
- Community engagement through volunteerism and community partnerships will benefit all students from the additional resources provided.
Ultimately, success will be realized when 100% of Moody's students graduate with or before their respective cohort.