Vision and Mission of St. Clair County Schools
St. Clair County School System Beliefs
- Given a safe and supportive environment, all students can learn
- Effective teachers are the key to student achievement
- Support from stakeholders provides enhanced opportunities and impacts student success
- Creating a culture that embraces change and promotes continuous improvement will result in success for all
The vision of the St. Clair County School System is to be recognized as one of Alabama’s premier systems by providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum which will enable all students to graduate from high school and be successful in the 21st century.
To accomplish our vision the St. Clair County School System will:
- provide a safe and supportive learning culture in which relationships are built and maintained with students, teachers, parents and community for student success.
- provide classroom instruction which is relevant to the 21st century learner.
- provide a rigorous curriculum where students become problem solvers, critical thinkers by collaboration with diverse groups and gain a deeper understanding of how their learning can make a lifelong difference.
The mission of St. Clair County Board of Education is to ensure that high expectations are maintained for all students by providing quality instruction and involving parents and community so that all students graduate, become responsible, productive citizens and life-long learners.
The Alabama Family Guide for Student Reading Success:
The more your child reads at school and at home, the better they become and the better their test scores become. Please see the attached information about how to build a stronger reading foundation for your child at home as we try to build our home to school connection with families. Just click to open and read!
About the School
Odenville Elementary School is an Alabama Reading Initiative and Title I school accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Alabama State Department of Education.
OES has an enrollment that is approaching 400 students and serves Pre-K through second grades. The average classroom has a 19-1 student to teacher ratio. The faculty and staff recognize that educating the whole child, through a bond partnership between the home, school, and community will enable the child to develop to his/her fullest potential intellectually, socially, emotionally, and culturally. We believe that learning the intended curriculum, mastering basics and offering educational challenges, is possible for all students. Odenville Elementary School wants to foster self esteem, self discipline, and good work habits. Children learn best in a positive environment. They should be treated with love and respect, and parents have the responsibility to work with the school to support good student behavior.