SENIORS, MAKE SURE YOU ARE CHECKING YOUR EMAILS AND JUNK FOLDERS DAILY FOR SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES. PAY ATTENTION TO COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP DEADLINES AS WELL!
Watch the FAFSA 101 Webinar for information regarding FAFSA. Click here.
Click here to view additional resources on FAFSA.
Auburn University Update:
*Your rep is Cameron Breedlove - email@example.com
*Fall 2023 applications open August 1st.
*Application deadline is December 1st.
*To schedule a campus tour click here.
- Auburn is test optional meaning you must have at least a 3.6 GPA
- Auburn does not accept ACT Superscore report. You must individually submit ACT scores
- First early action deadline – September 15
- Second early action deadline – October 15
- Scholarship application available – November 1st
- Accepted students by mid-January automatically considered for Merit Scholarships & Need Based Scholarships with an ACT score
- You will have to individually apply for achievement and leadership scholarships which are renewable for 4 years
- You will have to individually apply for general and departmental scholarships by Feb 1.
- Final early deadline – December 1
- Test score deadline for scholarships – January 10th
- Last day to apply for admissions/scholarships/FAFSA deadline – February 1st
- Financial Aid Priority deadline – March 1st
- Enrollment deposit deadline – May 1st
- Prospective Student Days (must register online)
- Tuesday, September 13th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Birmingham – Regions Field
- Tuesday, September 20th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Huntsville – U.S. Space and Rocket Center
- Tuesday, September 27th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Mobile – The Battle House Hotel and Spa
- Tuesday, September 13th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Auburn is test optional meaning you must have at least a 3.6 GPA
Auburn University at Montgomery Updates:
*Your rep is Sabrasha Osborne - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gadsden State Community College Update:
*Rep- Katie Bohannon email@example.com
*Application opens October 1st.
*Senior scholarship application deadline is March 1st. Do not complete this application if you intend to take the ACT again. Once you submit, you cannot update anything.Directions to Apply
*Click here to view scholarships.
Huntingdon College Update:
*Your rep is Quin Pearson - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Application for admission is open and is free!
*Preview Days are Oct 29th & Feb 20th
-Register at www.huntingdon.edu/visit
Jacksonville State Update:
*Your rep is Caely Williams email@example.com
*$35 application fee
*JSU is test optional for 2023 school year.
*ACT Superscores must be sent directly from ACT. They cannot be sent by the highschool.
*JSU Housing Application Priority Deadline is December 31st. General application deadline is April 1st. Freshmans are required to enter a housing application or a housing exemption form.
*Fall Preview Days are October 1st & November 12th.
*Accepted Students Days are December 2nd (honors), January 27th, January 31st, February 20th. Click here for more information.
*Housing application opens October 1st. Priority Deadline is April 1st. Click here for more information.
*FAFSA Day Workshops available Oct 11, Oct 25, Nov 8, Nov 29, Dec 13 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Ayers Hall Room 361
*FAFSA Night Workshops available Oct 20, Nov 17, Dec 8 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Houston Cole Library Main Lab/Ground Floor
Jeff State Update:
* Your Jeff State Rep is Crystal Stillwell. You may call at 205.856.6057 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*To view Jefferson State Community College's virtual tours click here
Lawson State Update:
For questions email FinAid@lawsonstate.edu
Scholarship page link:Click here.
Scholarship Brochure link: Click here.
HS Scholarship Application link: Click here.
Troy University Update:
*Your rep is Kaylee McBroom - email@example.com
*Troy is test optional for admission for 2023 but is required for scholarship determination.
*Tuition is $388 per credit hour.
*Housing applications open October 1st and closes March 1st. First come first serve.
*March 1st Foundation Scholarship deadline.
*Residual ACT Test Dates are given on Friday afternoons in the admissions office.
How do I find my Trojan Pass?
- Go to www.my.troy.edu
- Locate the “What is my Trojan Pass” under the log in option.
- Fill out the information (Student ID, Last name, DOB) *You can find your student ID in your acceptance email*
- Add “@troy.edu” to the end of your username – this will be your email.
- Your password will be in the format (Capital first letter of FIRST name, lowercase FIRST letter of LAST name, DOB)
*This email and password combination should allow you access to your scholarship portal, housing portal, and Troy Network*
- Foundation Scholarships are NOW open. You may find the link here: https://troy.academicworks.com/users/sign_in
- Merit Based Scholarship Deadlines have been pushed to January 15th. This is very important, please apply for these if you believe you are eligible! You may find the link here: https://www.troy.edu/scholarships-costs-aid/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarships.html
- Attend our first 2023 Saturday Tour Jan. 28th at 10:00 AM
- Attend our Saturday Tour Feb,25th at 10:00 AM
- Saturday Tour March,25th 10:00AM
- Accept any scholarships offered from TROY – LOG IN HERE
- Review your Financial Aid award package – when available you will receive an email notification in your TROY email account.
- Confirm your on-campus housing assignment – when available you will receive an email notification in your TROY email account.
For any questions regarding your on-campus housing assignment, please contact our Housing office at (334)-670-3346 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update your ACT/SAT score – If you have taken the ACT/SAT previously and have not had your highest scores sent to TROY, you will need to request these to be sent to us directly from the respective testing agencies. Placement into Math and English courses during your freshman year will be based off of scores in these sub-test areas, so it is vital that we have your highest scores in each of these subjects on file. If you would like to check on the status of your ACT scores, please contact your Admissions Counselor.
- Request your AP scores be sent to TROY– If you have taken any AP test in the past, TROY will need your AP scores sent directly from College Board to evaluate these for credit.
- Request your final transcript be sent to TROY– All final transcripts must be received prior to Impact. Electronic transcripts send to email@example.com. Mail transcripts to:
Troy UniversityAttn: Transcripts 100 University Park Troy, AL. 36082
**Failure to send in required scores and/or transcripts prior to IMPACT will result in incorrect course placement.
- Complete new student forms – Each incoming student is required to submit a number of forms prior to coming to TROY in the fall. See below for more information about submitting this information:
- Student medical history form/TB test – Prior to enrolling at TROY, all students must complete the Student Medical History Form and negative TB skin test and submit these forms to the Student Health Center. These forms can be found here.
- For questions regarding the Student Medical History form, please contact the Health Center at (334)-670-3452 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student consent form: email this completed document to email@example.com.
- Send any external scholarships to TROY – If you have been awarded an external scholarship, please see below for instructions for sending these funds to TROY:
- External scholarship donors should mail checks to:
Troy University Financial Aid Dept.Attn: Jana Brown Adams Administration Bldg. Room 134 Troy, Alabama 36082 (334-670-5885)
**Make checks payable to: Troy University**Please include the student’s name, student ID and/or birthdate on the check. **Please include which semester or term the funds should be applied.
JUNE AND JULY
- Attend IMPACT – During IMPACT, you will have the opportunity to meet fellow TROY students, meet with your academic advisor, and register for classes for the Fall 2022 semester.
- Order TROY parking pass – Online link will be available mid-summer.
- Register for IFC/Panhellenic recruitment – Online link will be available mid-summer.
- Sound of the South Intent to Participate – Interested in being a part of the Sound of the South? Make sure to fill out your Intent to Participate form prior to the fall.
- On-campus Move In Weekend: August 13-15, 2022
- Classes will begin at the TROY campus on Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Tuskegee University Updates:
*Open house is October 15th. Register here.
University of Alabama Update:
*Your rep is Christy Hudgen - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Schedule a virtual or in-person tour here.
*Not requiring ACT scores for admissions. Learn more information here.
*Alabama Advantage Scholarship is available to students who are full Pell Grant eligible and have been accepted to UA before January 15th. Learn more here.
*Housing priority deadline is February 1st. $200 deposit.
*Orientation registration begins in February and is MANDATORY for all freshmen students.
University of Alabama at Birmingham Update:
*Your rep is Brianna Young - email@example.com
UAB’s Application has been renovated! Students may apply at uab.edu/apply]uab.edu/apply
A complete application will require:
o Official High School transcript (may be sent via mail or secure sending service)
o ACT/SAT Score*
§ *In the event a student hasn’t taken an ACT/SAT, we may also accept Pre-ACT/PSAT score reports for admissions purposes. If the student has taken an ACT/SAT, we could not accept a Pre-ACT/PSAT for admission.
o $40 Application Fee
· Campus Visits at UAB are strictly virtual until further notice. We hope to have on-campus visits return by mid-September at the earliest
· Our Campus and Admissions information booklet is completely digital this year! (Digital copy available upon request- accessible link coming soon)
*UAB will accept PSAT, PreACT, and Residual ACT scores if a student is lacking ACT or SAT scores. ACT/SAT scores are not required.
University of Alabama in Huntsville Update:
*Your rep is Amy Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Discovery Days are: Oct 29, Nov 5, Nov 19. Click here for more information.
*Must be accepted prior to April 15th to be eligible for academic scholarships. For more information click here.
University of Mobile Update:
Sept 23, Oct 10, Nov 18, Feb 10, Mar 24
Register at umobile.edu/umday
University of Montevallo Updates:
- Your rep is Camryn Denver - email@example.com
- The application is open and they are test-optional with students having a 3.0 GPA.
- There are different variations for admission, so if students have a specific question and maybe fall a bit below requirements, reach out to the rep for different routes option information.
- They accept super score ACT reports if students wish to submit scores.
- Scholarships from the UM Admissions office are awarded based off the application and transcript.
- Application is free until November 15th, 2022
University of West Alabama Update
*Your rep is Brady Gaither - firstname.lastname@example.org
*Fall Preview Day is September 22nd
*Spring Preview Day is March 18th
*Saturday Visits: Oct 15, Nov 5, Dec 3, Jan 21, Feb 25, Apr 8, May 6
*UWA Admissions & Rep Hangout Zoom Sessions every Thursday at 2:30 p.m. Click here.
Cash for College Help Desk is available Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by texting or calling 334-316-6155 or emailing email@example.com. This is for help regarding FAFSA.
Scholarship Bundle 4
Deadlines vary between February 28th - May 31st
Scholarship Bundle 5
Deadlines vary between March 31st and May 31st.
Senior Yearbook Ad Form
Deadline: April 6th