Fort Valley State University Update
Here’s how to apply:
- Complete and Submit New Student Undergraduate Application.
Visit https://www.fvsu.edu/futurefreshmen and click “Application for admissions” to apply today!
- $20 Application Fee (application fee waived for limited time)
- Request Official high school transcript to be sent electronically and/or in a sealed envelope to FVSU Office of Admissions. Upon completion of high school, you must submit the final transcript with graduation date.
- Dual Enrollment: Request official college transcript if DE classes have been taken while in high school
Admissions Requirements, Test-Optional:
- High School Grade Point Average (GPA)
- 2.4 without consideration of SAT/ACT test scores
- 2.25 with satisfactory SAT/ACT test scores
- GPA is calculated based only on the following credits:
- 4 English credits
- 4 Math credits (Alg. I & II, Geometry, Trigonometry, etc.)
- 4 Science credits (at least 2 lab sciences)
- 3 Social Sciences credits
- 2 Foreign Language credits (same language)
- To learn more about the Required High School Curriculum, please click the link: https://www.usg.edu/assets/student_affairs/documents/Staying_on_Course.pdf
- Request Official electronic SAT or ACT test scores. Visit (www.collegeboard.org or www.actstudent.org) to request your scores be sent to Fort Valley State University.
- ACT code: 0814
- SAT code: 5220
- Satisfactory SAT/ACT test scores are as follows:
- Minimum 480 on Evidence-Based Reading & Writing, and
- Minimum 440 on Math
- Minimum 17 on English or Reading, and
- Minimum 17 on Math
All documents may be mailed to: Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
If you have any questions, contact the Admissions Office at (478) 825-6520 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Gadsden State Community College Update:
Rep- Collyn Prince email@example.com
November 16th at 4:00 p.m. Register through QR Code.
Huntingdon College Update:
*Application for admission is open and is free!
Jeff State Update:
* Your Jeff State Rep is Sonja Williams. You may call at 205.856.6054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*To view Jefferson State Community College's virtual tours click here
*Jefferson State Community College invites you to participate in the Health Sciences Career Fair:
Date: November 17, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Location: Via Zoom
The Health Sciences Career Fair will offer students the opportunity to learn more about the following programs:
- Respiratory Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Nursing Education
- Medical Laboratory Technology – Phlebotomy
- Emergency Medical Services
- Biomedical Equipment Technology
- Veterinary Technology
- Non-Credit Fast-Track Programs
Once registered, a Zoom link will be sent to the email address provided.Please register via the link below:
*Fall 2022 Application opens August 12th.
*$35 application fee
*JSU is test optional for 2022 school year.
*ACT Superscores must be sent directly from ACT. They cannot be sent by the highschool.
*Scholarship application opens September 1th and closed February 1st.
*JSU Housing Application Priority Deadline is December 31st. General application deadline is April 1st. Freshmans are required to enter a housing application or a housing exemption form.
*Spring Preview Days are March 6th & April 24th. Register here.
*Accepted Students Days are February 26th, March 12th, & April 2nd. Register here.
Lawson State Update:
*Click here to view live enrollment admissions & enrollment questions every Tuesday & Thursday at 10:00 am. each day.
Lawson State Community College Scholarship Information
Deadline for LSCC scholarship packet remains April 15.
Incoming Freshmen can utilize academic scholarships beginning August 2021.
For questions email FinAid@lawsonstate.edu
Scholarship page link:Click here.
Scholarship Brochure link: Click here.
HS Scholarship Application link: Click here.
Troy University Update:
*Fall 2022 application is now open.
*Troy is test optional for admission for 2022 but is required for scholarship determination.
*Tuition is $388 per credit hour.
*Housing applications open October 1st and closes March 1st. First come first serve.
*March 1st Foundation Scholarship deadline.
*Residual ACT Test Dates are given on Friday afternoons in the admissions office.
University of Alabama Update:
*Sign up to talk with a recruiter here.
*Schedule a virtual or in-person tour here.
*Not requiring ACT scores for admissions. Learn more information here.
*Alabama Advantage Scholarship is available to students who are full Pell Grant eligible and have been accepted to UA before January 15th. Learn more here.
*Housing priority deadline is February 1st. $200 deposit.
*Orientation registration begins in February and is MANDATORY for all freshmen students.
*UAB Night if October 5th.Register here.
*Virtual Preview Day is October 31st. Register here.
UAB’s Application has been renovated! Students may apply at uab.edu/apply]uab.edu/apply
A complete application will require:
o Official High School transcript (may be sent via mail or secure sending service)
o ACT/SAT Score*
§ *In the event a student hasn’t taken an ACT/SAT, we may also accept Pre-ACT/PSAT score reports for admissions purposes. If the student has taken an ACT/SAT, we could not accept a Pre-ACT/PSAT for admission.
o $40 Application Fee
· Campus Visits at UAB are strictly virtual until further notice. We hope to have on-campus visits return by mid-September at the earliest
· Our Campus and Admissions information booklet is completely digital this year! (Digital copy available upon request- accessible link coming soon)
*UAB will accept PSAT, PreACT, and Residual ACT scores if a student is lacking ACT or SAT scores. ACT/SAT scores are not required.
University of Alabama in Huntsville Update:
*Your college rep is Kayla Braidfoot. Call or text 256.824.2828 or email email@example.com
*Virtual Discovery Day is Saturday, November 21st. Click here for more information.
*Meet with UAH College Reps on October 26th, October 27th, November 4th, or November 5th in Birmingham. For more information email Kayla Braidfoot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Must be accepted prior to April 15th to be eligiblefor aademic scholarships. For more information click here.
*Will be test optional for Fall 2021 applicants. This means that no ACT or SAT score is required.
Cash for College Help Desk is available Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by texting or calling 334-316-6155 or emailing email@example.com. This is for help regarding FAFSA.
Follow the Ragland School Facebook page by liking "Ragland School News" or the Twitter feed @DevilsRagland to view announcements there as well.
This scholarship is available for High School seniors. For more information, please contact the representatives listed below.
* Scholarship is either 3 or 4 years in length
* Pays full tuition & fees or $10K room & board
* $1200 a year book stipend
* ROTC Cadet stipend each month of $425
* Earn drill pay each month upon contracting with the ROTC $329 a month
* ANGEAP 5,464.08 per semester.
* Must be or become a member of the Alabama Army National Guard
* Must have a 2.5 HS GPA, 1000 SAT and/or 19 ACT
* Maintain a 2.0 College GPA
* U.S. Citizen
* Between the ages of 17-26
* Pass physical Requirements
* Have an Official University/College acceptance Letter
* Must participate in College ROTC
My team and I are happy to answer any questions the student or counselor may have regarding this opportunity. Thank you in advance.
2LT Reeves, Joshua 251-423-1605
SFC Kendrick, Jeremiah 334-777-9541
SFC Howton, Phillip 205-657-2771