The St. Clair County School System uses the E-Verify program to check all new employees and substitutes for employment eligibility verification.
How To Apply
All certified and support job openings are posted on the state Teach in Alabama site. There is no longer a requirement to send a letter of interest to the Board of Education. To apply online at the TEACH in Alabama website, all applicants must complete an application and then attach their application to the job vacancies they are qualified for and interested in filling.
Step 1 - Go to Teach In Alabama and create an account.
Step 2 - Complete your Application.
- If you are applying for a Certified Administrative Position, select Preview Administrator Application.
- If you are applying for any of the following Certified positions, select Preview Certified Application: Teacher, Counselor, Library Media Specialist, Psychometrist, Reading Coach, Speech Langauge Pathologist.
- If you are applying for any of the following Support positions, select the Preview Classified Application: Aide, Bus Driver, Bookkeeper, Custodian, Lunchroom worker, Nurse, Secretary, Substitute, etc.
Step 3 - Apply for Open Position.
Each applicant will need the following to complete the registration process successfully:
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone with internet access
- A valid email account
- Established AIM account (Instructions for new account will be provided below.)
- ALSDE ID#
- Fee of $46.20 paid by Debit card, credit card, or PayPal Account (Prepaid debit cards or credit cards are acceptable)
Ability to provide their commonly known personal information (SSN, DOB, DL#, Height, Weight, etc.)
Step 1: Create an AIM Account https://aim.alsde.edu
Step 2: Complete Background Check Registration in AIM
Step 3: Create Fieldprint Account
Step 4: Complete authorization forms, schedule appointment, and fee payment
Step 5: Report for fingerprint appointment