About the Teacher
Degrees and Certifications:
Masters Degree -- Jacksonville State University. Certification -- Language Arts
Mrs. Melissa Richardson
High School -- Ragland Purple Devils 1986
College 1986-1990 -- Jacksonville State University
1990-1996 -- 7th and 8th grade English & History teacher @ Pell City Christian Academy GO LIONS!
1992 - married John Richardson
1997-present -- English teacher @ St. Clair County High School GO SAINTS!!!
2000 - Masters Degree -- Jacksonville State University
2010 - became Mom to the best dog in St. Clair County. Golden Retriever MJ. MJ stands for Melissa & John.
COVID-19 (BEYOND THE CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS)
Click the link for your class to see assignments. If on a mobile device you may not be seeing these links. You will need to click the (+) symbol/link at the top of this page which will make these links viewable. Email me with any and all questions.
Mrs. Richardson's eLearning directions
Here we go! This first week of our online learning will consist of getting acquainted with the technology necessary for our eLearning. For those of you not participating in eLearning this information will be provided in your pickup packet available on Tuesdays at the school between 9-12.
I have an idea of how we will proceed, but I will be flexible to necessary changes as we go forth. My current eLearning plan for us is as follows:
- You will receive a weekly email on Mondays. I need everyone to reply to that email. A simple “Got it” will suffice. Additional comments and questions will be welcomed.
- I will offer a weekly Skype session. You will receive an email invite. I need you to reply to that invite. You will click “Yes” or “No” or “Maybe.” Skype sessions are not required. I will not take roll. I am providing them as an opportunity for face to face interaction and review and discussion. All Skype sessions for English classes will be on Thursday of each week. To access the session, you will click the link in the Invite email. I plan to send this Invite Email each Wednesday for our Thursday morning sessions. Skype times are as follows: English 10 will be 8am-8:45am; English 11 will be 9am-9:45am; Honors English 11 will be 10am-10:45am.
- Lessons will be posted in three places.
- Your weekly email
- My teacher page on the school website
- Our Teams page
- I have been instructed that assignments will be graded beginning Monday, April 6. These assignments will be submitted to Teams. You are all familiar with this. We have submitted multiple assignments to Teams this school year.
- This week will consist of an enrichment lesson. We will continue our writing assignments. We will focus on the eLearning process and getting use to the process outlined above.
- Beginning next week April 13, I will post lessons every two weeks focusing on essential standards (Literature, Grammar, etc). You can finish in two days or you can finish in two weeks. It will be your choice. Emails and Skype sessions will continue weekly.
Important: For those of you with devices but no Internet, I have been informed by the BOE Technology Specialist that you have access to school parking lot Internet. The way this should work is as follows:
- You drive to the school parking lot. Access the school Internet with your device. Download the assignments from your teachers.
- You may then work on your assignments offline at home. When you are back at the school parking lot and online again you can upload assignments.
That’s it! I will “see” you Thursday.
Love you all. Stay Safe. Stay Well. Stay Home.