Welcome to Odenville Elementary School
Welcome To Odenville Elementary School! We are so glad to have you in our school!
ODENVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CAR RIDER INFORMATION
Morning Drop Off
- OES Doors open at 7:15 AM
- In the morning, we have ONE drop off lane.
- Color cones will be placed on the sidewalk to the right of your vehicle. Please pull the front of your vehicle to the color cone to drop your child off.
- Parking and walking your child across the parking lot can create a dangerous situation as we have continuous flow of traffic moving on campus.
- Please make sure your child is ready to exit the car with their backpack in hand. Once the car has come to a stop, your child may exit the vehicle.
- Please be patient and do not pass or go around cars in the car line.
- Students are counted tardy at 7:50 AM.
- If you drop your child off after 7:50 AM, you must come to the office and sign your child in.
- If the car line begins to back up down Alabama Street, please pull off on the right shoulder of the road to allow traffic to continue to travel along the road.
Afternoon Pick UP
- In the afternoon, we have ONE loading lane.
- Your must have your child's car rider sign for pick up. If you do not have your child's car rider sign, you will have to park and go to the office to show identification.
- Please have your child's car rider sign out and visible when coming through the car rider line.
- Color cones will be placed on the sidewalk to the right of your vehicle. Please pull the front of your vehicle to the color cone to pick your child up. Your child will know to go to that color cone to find their vehicle.
- No Smoking on school property.
- If you are going to OIS and/or OMS to pick up or drop off, you will exit OES car line and take a right at the stop sign.
- If your are not dropping off and/or picking up at OIS and/pr OMS you will exit OES car line and take a left at the stop sign.
Attention Parents of Upcoming Kindergarten Students:
If you have a child that will be attending Kindergarten at OES this upcoming 2020-2021 school year, please click the link below to pre-register your kid. This is only pre-registration, full registration will take place later in the spring. This will get the process started. Thank you for attention to this matter so we can start planning for the upcoming year. Welcome to OES!
We need your support! Our Otis Spunkmyer Extravaganza fundraiser with cookie dough, snacks, and kitchen items is on!
The more you sell, the more prizes your child will earn!
The sale will run through Wednesday, February 19. All money needs to be collected at the time of the order. Please make all checks to Odenville Elementary School and make sure a phone number is on the check.
WE value and appreciate your support! All proceeds will go toward making improvements to OES amd classroom instructional opportunities.
St. Clair County Board of Education Pre-Kindergarten Pre-Registration
The St. Clair County Board of Education and the Alabama Office of School Readiness with the support of the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education continue to operate and offer quality Pre-K classrooms in the St. Clair County School System for the 2020-2021academic year. We are very proud to announce that we now have a total of 19 Pre-Kindergarten classes in St. Clair County. You should only register your child for the Pre-K programs that they can attend. District zoning requirements are in effect for this program. Please register for the school in which you are zoned. If you are unsure of the school zone in which you reside, please call the board office at 205-594-7131 or your local elementary school.
Online Pre-Registration for next year’s 2020-2021 St. Clair County Pre-K classrooms at Ashville Elementary, Springville Elementary, Odenville Elementary, Margaret Elementary, Moody Elementary, Ragland High and Steele Jr. High School schools will be available on our district website www.sccboe.org and the Alabama Department of Early Childhood, https://alprek.asapconnected.com beginning Tuesday, January 15, 2020. Pre-Registration forms must be completed online by Thursday, March 12, 2020 to be eligible for the random drawing. Any registrations after this date will automatically be placed on the wait list. Applicants must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2020.
We will draw 16 students for each classroom. The remaining students will continue to be drawn and numbered in the order they are drawn. This will be the order of the waiting list as new students are added to a classroom. Our goal is to have 18 students in each classroom, but we must make sure we can meet the needs of all students before we add. NOTE: If a program has multiple birth siblings (twins, triplets, etc.) all names should be placed in the drawing separately. If one, but not all, multiple birth siblings are drawn before the classroom cap at 16, the drawing should cease at this point and the 1 or 2 multiple birth siblings should be added to the classroom roster to reach full classroom enrollment.
The tuition for the class will be $25.00 per week plus cost of lunch if applicable. The hours of the Pre-K programs are from 7:30-2:00. Pre-Kindergarten students are not eligible to ride a school bus with different age students; therefore parents/guardians are responsible for transportation to and from school. We do not offer before or after school care for Pre-Kindergarten students.
The 2020-2021 Pre-K classes will be selected by a random selection drawing on Thursday, March 19, 2020, 6:00 p.m. at Odenville Middle School Auditorium for all Pre-Kindergarten classes in St. Clair County.
Parents/legal guardians must bring the child’s Immunization Form (Blue Form), a copy of parent’s driver’s license, a copy of child’s social security card, a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and proof of St. Clair County residency to the lottery.
A short orientation will follow immediately after the drawing for the parents of the students that are drawn for the class. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Stone at 205-594-7131 ext. 2284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
St. Clair County Schools do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, national origin, creed, age, marital status, in or disability in educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Federal Requirements Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To learn more about the Office of School Readiness Pre-K grants go to http://children.alabama.gov/
February 5: Assembly 1:00
February 6: Vision Screening
February 7: Kona Ice
February 11: Love Bug Boogie
February 13: Progress Reports
February 14: Parent Chit Chat Day/Valentine's Day activities
February 17: No School--President's Day
February 19: Cookie Dough Fundraiser Ends
February 24: 2nd Grade Famous Americans Musuem
February 27: Perethes Disease Awareness Day-wear Blue
February 28: PE Fun Run/Prek Trip to McWayne
Bullying Anonymous Reporting
You may read our board policy and/or fill out the Bullying Notification Form to submit a bullying notification to the Board of Education directly. Otherwise, report a bullying incident anonymously here. The appropriate administrators will be notified completely anonymously.
Substitute Teachers Needed
- Do you have a desire to work with children?
- Would you like to earn some extra money?
- Do you like creating your own schedule?
ESS and St. Clair County Schools are looking for YOU!
Start Application at www.willsub.com.
Click on the "Applicants" tab > "Start new application" to begin
For more information, contact Jennifer Norman at email@example.com or by phone at (205) 629-2841.
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM 2nd Grade Famous Americans Musuem
March 6, 2020
March 9, 2020
March 16, 2020
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Read Across America Week
March 17, 2020
March 18, 2020
March 19, 2020
March 20, 2020