Welcome to Odenville Elementary School
Welcome To Odenville Elementary School! We are so glad to have you in our school!
ODENVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CAR RIDER INFORMATION
Morning Drop Off
- OES Doors open at 7:15 AM
- In the morning, we have ONE drop off lane.
- Color cones will be placed on the sidewalk to the right of your vehicle. Please pull the front of your vehicle to the color cone to drop your child off.
- Parking and walking your child across the parking lot can create a dangerous situation as we have continuous flow of traffic moving on campus.
- Please make sure your child is ready to exit the car with their backpack in hand. Once the car has come to a stop, your child may exit the vehicle.
- Please be patient and do not pass or go around cars in the car line.
- Students are counted tardy at 7:50 AM.
- If you drop your child off after 7:50 AM, you must come to the office and sign your child in.
- If the car line begins to back up down Alabama Street, please pull off on the right shoulder of the road to allow traffic to continue to travel along the road.
Afternoon Pick UP
- In the afternoon, we have ONE loading lane.
- Your must have your child's car rider sign for pick up. If you do not have your child's car rider sign, you will have to park and go to the office to show identification.
- Please have your child's car rider sign out and visible when coming through the car rider line.
- Color cones will be placed on the sidewalk to the right of your vehicle. Please pull the front of your vehicle to the color cone to pick your child up. Your child will know to go to that color cone to find their vehicle.
- No Smoking on school property.
- If you are going to OIS and/or OMS to pick up or drop off, you will exit OES car line and take a right at the stop sign.
- If your are not dropping off and/or picking up at OIS and/pr OMS you will exit OES car line and take a left at the stop sign.
We’ll be kicking off Kids Heart Challenge (formally Jump Rope for Heart) on Monday 1/13. We will accept donations until 1/24.
We would love for every student here at Odenville Elementary to register online at heart.org/kidsheartchallenge where they can join our school team, earn donations, make a pledge to be more heart healthy, and earn a free powerband. Our goal is to have 100% of our students taking their heart healthy challenge online! You can challenge yourself to be heart healthy by exercising, being kind or doing a good deed. Here at Odenville Elementary, our goal is to educate every student on how to live a heart healthy life not only physically, but socially and emotionally. In addition, our school will earn FREE PE equipment from the American Heart Association.
We are so proud to partner with the American Heart Association and learn ways to live heart healthy lives while helping others!
Thank you for your support!
St. Clair County Board of Education Pre-Kindergarten Pre-Registration
The St. Clair County Board of Education and the Alabama Office of School Readiness with the support of the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education continue to operate and offer quality Pre-K classrooms in the St. Clair County School System for the 2020-2021academic year. We are very proud to announce that we now have a total of 19 Pre-Kindergarten classes in St. Clair County. You should only register your child for the Pre-K programs that they can attend. District zoning requirements are in effect for this program. Please register for the school in which you are zoned. If you are unsure of the school zone in which you reside, please call the board office at 205-594-7131 or your local elementary school.
Online Pre-Registration for next year’s 2020-2021 St. Clair County Pre-K classrooms at Ashville Elementary, Springville Elementary, Odenville Elementary, Margaret Elementary, Moody Elementary, Ragland High and Steele Jr. High School schools will be available on our district website www.sccboe.org and the Alabama Department of Early Childhood, https://alprek.asapconnected.com beginning Tuesday, January 15, 2020. Pre-Registration forms must be completed online by Thursday, March 12, 2020 to be eligible for the random drawing. Any registrations after this date will automatically be placed on the wait list. Applicants must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2020.
We will draw 16 students for each classroom. The remaining students will continue to be drawn and numbered in the order they are drawn. This will be the order of the waiting list as new students are added to a classroom. Our goal is to have 18 students in each classroom, but we must make sure we can meet the needs of all students before we add. NOTE: If a program has multiple birth siblings (twins, triplets, etc.) all names should be placed in the drawing separately. If one, but not all, multiple birth siblings are drawn before the classroom cap at 16, the drawing should cease at this point and the 1 or 2 multiple birth siblings should be added to the classroom roster to reach full classroom enrollment.
The tuition for the class will be $25.00 per week plus cost of lunch if applicable. The hours of the Pre-K programs are from 7:30-2:00. Pre-Kindergarten students are not eligible to ride a school bus with different age students; therefore parents/guardians are responsible for transportation to and from school. We do not offer before or after school care for Pre-Kindergarten students.
The 2020-2021 Pre-K classes will be selected by a random selection drawing on Thursday, March 19, 2020, 6:00 p.m. at Odenville Middle School Auditorium for all Pre-Kindergarten classes in St. Clair County.
Parents/legal guardians must bring the child’s Immunization Form (Blue Form), a copy of parent’s driver’s license, a copy of child’s social security card, a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and proof of St. Clair County residency to the lottery.
A short orientation will follow immediately after the drawing for the parents of the students that are drawn for the class. If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Stone at 205-594-7131 ext. 2284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
St. Clair County Schools do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, national origin, creed, age, marital status, in or disability in educational programs, activities, or employment policies as required by Title VI of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments and Section 504 of the Federal Requirements Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To learn more about the Office of School Readiness Pre-K grants go to http://children.alabama.gov/
January 6: Students return
January 7: Report Cards delivered
January 8-10: DIBELS testing
January 20: NO School MLK Day
January 24: Frozen Day
January 27: Assemble
January 27: 100th day of school
January 30: County Spelling Bee
Bullying Anonymous Reporting
You may read our board policy and/or fill out the Bullying Notification Form to submit a bullying notification to the Board of Education directly. Otherwise, report a bullying incident anonymously here. The appropriate administrators will be notified completely anonymously.
Substitute Teachers Needed
- Do you have a desire to work with children?
- Would you like to earn some extra money?
- Do you like creating your own schedule?
ESS and St. Clair County Schools are looking for YOU!
Start Application at www.willsub.com.
Click on the "Applicants" tab > "Start new application" to begin
For more information, contact Jennifer Norman at email@example.com or by phone at (205) 629-2841.
January 27, 2020
January 30, 2020
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM County Spelling Bee
February 6, 2020
February 7, 2020
February 13, 2020
February 14, 2020
February 17, 2020