2019-2020 Student Enrollment
Welcome to our school! We are glad that you are here. We want to make the enrollment process as easy for you as possible and hope the following information will help guide you. If you have any questions or concerns or need assistance obtaining documentation, please do not hesitate to ask us. If you would like to speak with a counselor or administrator in private, please let us know.
In order to find which school you are zoned for, you can click here and find your address.
AGE OF ADMISSION
(Code of Alabama (1975) § 16-28-4) Children entering kindergarten must be five years old on or before September 1st. Children entering first grade must be six years old on or before September 1st. Students requesting admission who are over 17 years of age with a history of disciplinary dismissals may be denied enrollment.
All students enrolled in the St. Clair County School System must live with a legal custodial parent/guardian. Extenuating circumstances must be approved by the superintendent. Students enrolling in the St. Clair County School System shall provide the following information:
- Proof of Age — this may consist of a valid birth certificate, a valid passport or other official document listing date and place of birth, such as a health certificate or notarized statement.
- Valid Social Security Card * — disclosure of a students’ social security number is voluntary. The number is used as a student identifier. It will be solely used for state and local statistical purposes. If you do not have a valid Social Security Card, please contact the Social Security Office to obtain a copy of the card. This process can take 7-10 business days before you will recieve a copy of the card via the mail. Please click here for more info pertaining the replacing a lost Social Security Card.
- Proof of Immunization — One of the following forms are required by state law and may be obtained from the health department or your child’s doctor:
- IMM-50 Alabama Blue Form (Immunizations and Medical Exemptions)
- IMM-52 Religious Exemptions
- Copy of Parent Driver License — this is voluntary. It is used for identification purposes for the security of our students.
- Proof of Custody (when warranted)
- Copy of lease or mortgage agreement
- 2 Proofs of Residence (examples—but not limited to):
- Copy of current utility bills in a parent's name (power, gas, water, telephone, etc.)
- Property Tax Notice, Voter registration Card
HOMELESS, MIGRANT, NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING, DISABLED
Children who are zoned to attend the St. Clair County Schools and who are homeless, migrant, non-English speaking, immigrant, or disabled will have access to a free, appropriate education. Students will not be prohibited from school attendance due to barriers such as:
- Residency Requirement
- Lack of Birth Certificate
- Lack of Social Security Card
- Legal Custody Requirements
- Lack of Immunization Records
- Lack of School Records or Transcripts
- Language Barriers
- Lack of Transportation Disabilities
*By federal law and relevant court orders, as well as Alabama Department of Education directives, these documents are not required in order to enroll. The collection of this information is for creation of a unique identifier for students. This is important due to electronic transfer of information of students from one school to another, both within our system and state. Failure to produce these documents does not prevent a student from being enrolled in any St. Clair County School. If a student does not have or can not produce a Social Security number, a unique identifying number, based on a formula unique to the school system, will be used to create the number. NO intent is made or implied to require information regarding any student’s immigration and/or citizenship status.